Tuesday, March 16, 2010

She Picked Up Her Hammer and Saw

I wish I could remember the rest of that "joke", but more to the point. . .I can see again. I have been hanging on to my last pair of colored contacts for months and as of Saturday, my eyes decided it was to for me to trash them with their own mutiny via pink eye. Sadly, I only had my skeewampous glasses that are missing a key appendage to keep the glasses on your head. This wouldn't do for anything more then driving.

My last eye doctor experience here in TX was horrible and occurred in 2008! I was more than hesitant to try another place again especially since it is all out of pocket for us when you want contacts which I do. The previous eye visit was wrought with rude receptionists (who had multiple phone conversations after I began talking with them), unclean conditions like not pre sanitizing the eye equipment, and losing my prescription that was a little off anyway.

Luckily, upon calling many offices, I found a place that would take my limited eye insurance which dropped my $115 appointment down to $46. The office was close, clean, professional, to the point, and even offered a helpful reprimand for treating my eyes so poorly. I have nothing but praise for the office and doctor who looked younger then me. The best part: walking out and seeing clearly.

5 comments:

Emily said...

So, did you get violet? The good ole days!

Leah said...

I see said the blind man to his deaf wife as he picked up his hammer and saw.

student said...

Sight is a wonderful thing, especially when it is sharp. Glad to know you can see again, and what color are your eyes these days?

TOVAR said...

Leah: Thanks for remembering the joke


As for my eye color. . .hazel! I guess aside from no longer being a blond (a funny realization I had a long time ago getting my driver's license for the first time) I actually have more green than brown in my eyes. Strange. I think I'll stay my natural self for awhile in the eye department and go a little unnatural in my hair color choices.

Lynn said...

Did you try Costco for your exam? I heard they have good prices and you don't have to be a member for their optomitry services. I always go to the eye care service at the PX or BX which usually ends up being the cheapest but maybe that's where you had bad service? And I'm like you - I stock up on contacts and wear them way too long just so I don't have to have an annual out of pocket exam.