Sunday, May 17, 2009

To Be or Not To Be

As luck would have it, our unfortunate ER visit and subsequent trip cancellation turned out for the best. I was able to attend a Stake leadership training and happened to be the only one able to represent our ward primary. When I headed to my car, I was greeted by a torrential rainstorm. It did happen to be a bit of an indecent run to the car. I felt like that girl in the Spiderman movies who always happens to be in white clothing during a rain storm. Good thing there were few witnesses. Visibility was about 5 feet if that. The roads were starting to flood. It was probably the only positive of Talia's croup situation. I am so glad we were caught in that weather while driving around looking for vans and that we got to enjoy the rain from the comforts of our own home.

7 comments:

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

well I guess if croup can have a positive side, I guess you would find it :) I loved your explanation of the white dress phenomenon, btw.

Emily said...

Thank goodness you weren't driving around in the rain. Especially those distances!

Good luck with the quest for the odyssey.

Did the storm last long? How cool. I love the rain. Mostly so I can put on white clothes and run around in it. :0)

Becca said...

That rain was just crazy! Emily prayed for rain at the close of our YW aux training, and there we have it. If we need something, have Emily pray for it. I hope that you had a great training!

AMy said...

i love torrential rain...but definately from the comforts of a window, a blanket and a good book.

AMy said...

and emily...i think you have turned into a comment comedian...keep em up lol

David said...

i love a torrential rain storm!

student said...

I had to chuckle, too, at the reference to the white dress and the rain.