Sunday, May 17, 2009

Black Hole

When we lived back east, I would often take trips into DC to see different museums, events, etc. Sadly, I never could figure out how to make it out of DC. The little blue sign declaring "Welcome to DC" seemed more like the Twilight Zone then a beacon to the Nations Capital.

The hole has followed me to Texas and is sucking in various items. Library books, movies, and now my id card. I happened to be heading to the hospital to return Fernando's id that had found its way out of said black hole. I foolishly decided to take out my id card and put it onto the seat next to me to make for easy access at the security gate. This card is a magical ticket to get onto any military base and buy food at the phenomenal commissary. I turn to get the card when we arrive and the card is gone.

The police officer allowed me to check for my card next to the booth. Nowhere. Really. . .nowhere to be found. Luckily, the officer finally let me on with my drivers license and insurance card. I think I am going to start electronically tagging my stuff to track their locations in the black hole of my life.

5 comments:

David said...

put a clapper device on all your things, maybe that'll work ;)

you reminded me about an old roommate who always lost his keys. 5am every morning while the rest of us were trying to sleep, it was the same ritual, him throwing things around, talking aloud in frustration "dangit! where are my keys!?" lol

David said...

oh, 1st!

Emily said...

oh my!

Too eerie. :0)

tylerandmommy said...

Always check the most obvious place...it's usually there. And sometimes they just appear out of nowhere...like metro passes.

student said...

I truly believe in black holes, and one day we will all find that various and random items that simply disappeared into thin air. I have several articles I would love to recover.