Thursday, May 21, 2009

Just Playing



Sometimes I think about the time that my kids will be older and whether or not they will want to be around each other and create things together like they do now. I hope that they don't waste the time that they have together. I think one of my biggest regrets is not taking advantage of my siblings living with me. I spent more time fighting with them then loving them and learning from them. Now they are all over the US and I may be get to see them once a year with the hefty price of airfare for 4 (soon to be 5 when Talia hits the 2 year mark) and the price of luggage (are you kidding me) to get there.

5 comments:

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

I think of often of the fond memories of higgs mobiles, a & r surprise cookies, dancing around to old school record player stories (complete with scarves for tails and elephant trunks), not to mention the fact you always were the best sneaker...

student said...

Perhaps it is age, but my memories of children grow sweeter, and the memories of my "less than stellar mommy moments" sting less as I throw all my confidence on Him who can bind up all wounds and bring peace to every seeking soul. Your kids are precious.

AMy said...

we never really know what we have until it is gone...profound... i know

Emily said...

hi--cute. Can't wait to see you and your kiddos!

tylerandmommy said...

I remember some excellent time with my siblings and you gotta hope that even amidst the fighting, the good times are what they will remember. Unfortunately when you put a bunch of kids with crazy different personalities in the same house with one another for YEARS there are going to be some tragedies and malcontent.