Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Barking Noise

Last night, Fernando and I had finished the last of our plans for our whirlwind adventure to Dallas. We mapped out which vans we would see in which order and called the dealerships to let them know we were coming. Our goal was to wake up at 3:30 am and head up for the 5 hour drive north in hopes of buying our Odyssey.

Then the barking began. Not our normal neighbor dog barking through the night, but a strange sound from Talia's room. I was holding her and trying to comfort her, but to no avail. I brought her to our room to get some Tylenol when Fernando said he was taking her to the hospital. Now, Fernando is usually so laze fair about medical things. I can't begin to tell you how concerned it made me when he was suggesting an ER visit.

Although I never love an ER trip, it was almost more difficult waiting at home for the news. Almost 3 hours later, Fernando came home with our Croupy baby. Poor little thing. I am glad that we decided to wait until Saturday to make our trip. I would have felt awful sharing the virus with the friends who were so willing to help us on the buying adventure.

5 comments:

tylerandmommy said...

Awww poor Talia! Tyler had croup once and it was horrible! I feel for you and for the little one. FEEL BETTER!

scott and tara said...

Amy had croup this year as well and it wasn't fun. SORRY! Hope she's feeling better soon. I can't wait for you to finally find the perfect Odyssey - it will mean a lot when you finally get it after all you are going through!!!

Becca said...

Oh, poor thing! I hope that Talia gets feeling better soon. Hopefully soon you can get the perfect Odyssey, even if it is in California!

Emily said...

Um, isn't croup an Anne of Green Gables thing?

So sorry for the news :0( Hope she is feeling better soon.

SCARY when your child sounds like that I bet.

student said...

Croup is another misnamed sickness. I is the scariest thing to hear you small child wheezing and gasping for breath. I am very glad there was competent medical help very close at hand.