Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Full of Emotions

Do you ever think back to your childhood and wonder how your parents kept loving you despite your actions? I often do, especially as I get a first hand taste of what that behavior must have been like. My mom will often tell how I would follow her around on my hands and knees (way passed the crawling phase) with my nose rubbing on the carpet and whining a pathetic whine. Every once in a while I would glance up to see if I was still behind my mom. I am sure she prayed for such blessings to rain down upon my head on those long days that motherhood brings.

Such prayers came true and I have three very emotionally charged children. I will say that the whole principle of opposition in all things holds true in our case. My kids, thank heavens, have such high spirits and a happy demeanor most of the time. But, when things go south, it reaches as low as the highs do. Luckily, the tantrums are short lived and we easily move on as shown here:



I can't quite remember what caused the sorrow. It probably had something to do with food or not being held when she wanted. Full tears and wails were soothed by the change of scene. Who doesn't like rocks? They taste good too. At least that is my presumption for the amount of rocks she keeps putting in her mouth.

3 comments:

David said...

1st!

Apparently Talia has a taste for rocks and my nephew a taste for sand, as evidenced in my today's post. as for me, when i was little i apparently had a taste for lighter fluid, at least that is what i'm told, i have no memory of it.

student said...

It is amazing how love works. Even in the midst of your least flattering behavior (you mentioned one) I loved you more than you ever knew. Just like you love Talia, Tiago, and Mia, in their least flattering behavior modes.

Lisa Christine said...

It's amazing how well a change of scenery can work on a screaming child. I've used that one myself :)

(loved your comment on my post BTW....had me cracking up!)