Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Heading North?

We have been keeping a steady eye on the used Honda Odyssey market for several months now and have noticed a trend: San Antonio has fewer available at higher prices then our sister cities to the north. Sadly, it is a good 5 hour drive one way to reach the hub of used Honda Odysseys in Dallas, TX. Can I just tell you how torturous it is to do an internet search and find a "perfect" van and then see its location in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? This is just one of the several listings I am interested in. . .check it out here.

Do I subject the kids to such a long drive to get a better vehicle at a better price especially since Fernando doesn't have a day off potentially until June? (potentially=may be a Sunday here and there and that just doesn't work for us) Do I have what it takes to test drive and buy a van without Fernando's advice?

9 comments:

Claudia said...

Just so you know, our guest room is always open. I'll watch your kids while you shop. I'll even loan you a husband to test drive with if you like. - All it costs you is the gas and the time in the car :-)

Becca said...

I like Claudia's post! I would totally do it. If Fernando trusts you enough to make the decision by yourself, I would do it. That minivan looks great! I'm surprised that it only has 37,000 miles on it for it being a 2006. Good luck!

tylerandmommy said...

Hurrah for Claudia! DO IT! If anyone offers to watch your kids for FREE never say no! I bet Fernando trusts you enough to make a good van decision - especially if you are the one driving it.

Claudia said...

And I would also totally preview anything that looks good online. I may not be able to pick the perfect car for you, but I can certainly identify a "dog", or at least if the van was previously inhabited by one (or a chain smoker).

Lis said...

Hi, I think i just commented on your OTHER blog. Sorry, i just noticed you have THIS one too! SO, i see you do live in San Antonio!!! Id really love to email you and ask a few questions, if you dont mind??! Im about to put a deposit down on a place... i havent even seen it. (well, if the realtor can get himself together before I walk away that is...) Can you email me? Lisbrew(at)comcast(dot)net?

Im sorry, Im NOT a stalker I swear! Candis told me about you!

David said...

i say go for it! you'll at least get a memorable road trip out of it.

hey guess where we're going in a couple weeks? to see "Orance" on the big screen in 70mm!! I can't wait!

Unknown said...

OK. So I don't mind welcoming the Tovars to our humble abode but what is with the Rent a Husband comment. Claudia, I insist on at least payment in cookies or salted cured meats. :-)

Claudia said...

Joshua - cookies are baking and I just stopped by Omaha Steaks. Payment will be rendered, don't you worry!

Kao said...

I didn't realize you were going without your hubby!