Thursday, March 5, 2009

Calming and shrinking effect



Feeling empowered with my spasmodically colored yellow room, I felt the urge to paint my bathroom. I imagined this tranquil beach inspired room that featured a cute print of my kids in paradise aka Destin, Florida. As seen in the undoctored colored version:
Once again, I think that my expectations of the paint were a little over speculated. I wanted a deep color that set off the drabness of bathrooms, but I never wanted it to visually appear significantly smaller then it did with blah beige walls. Oh, well. I think I just frame the mirror with white trim and do the same with the window. Tiago was a big help and even painted a whole wall part by himself. I think my next project is waiting for me to begin.

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Looks great! Want to come paint my kitchen? We are trying to pick a color, and have decided on "purple". Now we run the risk of getting not "dark, intriguing, misty" but rather, "Barney".

tylerandmommy said...

I love it! You and Claudia should see my Mom's house (if you haven't already). She has a different color in almost every room.

David said...

looks good to me.

you are a blogging Machine this week!

TYLERS said...

I love that color..we are looking for a similar shade for our guest bath. What brand and name did ya use?

Lynn said...

I have just spent a week - and over $100 in sample paint trying to find the right colors for our house. I will share the results soon. I like your choice. And trimming things out can make all the difference - at least I hope so when I paint my kids room Aqua.