Monday, March 2, 2009

Bust out the swim trunks



San Antonio has the most unique and vacillating weather patterns of any state I have visited. Winter months consist of a cluster of warm days (70+) and then a sudden stint of cold weather (50 or so degrees). It makes life interesting and difficult in so many ways. For example, when Mia gets ready for school, we never know what to send her with. The morning could feel freezing and by the end of school she is roasting. It also throws our systems for a loop since we can't ever really adjust. I always felt like the blood had a chance to thicken during the winter months then as the temperatures warmed up to the 50's, the body would feel the need to dawn spring clothes. For us, 50 feels freezing and then when it jumps to 80 the next day, we are searching for the pool.





This past week was such the case. We invited some friends and tried the sprinkler ball. A few days later we tried our newest water toy, the Crocodile Chomp. I should have tried the set up before I had hot kids waiting for fun. I tried to be quick, but I totally set it up wrong and no one cared.

We had a few readers in the group who happen to glance at the Warning label and instruction manual. Due to their literacy, I wasn't able to try out our new slide and yet they didn't seem to observe the slide with hand out in front and no running on the slide rule. Poor Talia had to wait and watch while everyone else had all the fun.




You know you want to come out and show me how to set it up correctly. Just remember to bring plenty of sunscreen, swimsuits, and clothes to layer with.

8 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Wow....we are no where near swim trunk weather in our parts. Heck....at this point I am just hoping for a day in the 60's to pop up. That would be delightful! But no, it's cold and rainy. Have some fun in the sun on my behalf :)

Unknown said...

I am JEALOUS! I want warm weather so bad. I'm sick of freezing. It looks like so much fun. Can't wait for summer!

AMy said...

grrrrr...
that is all I have to say about that.

tylerandmommy said...

I would LOVE some swim trunk weather! (Not that I would wear swim trunks, that would be wrong). We just got like 6 inches of snow yesterday! I think it was 13 last night.

David said...

do they make slip n slides for big people?

Thank heaven for little girls said...

Looks like fun! Next time you will have to invite my girls! I love the weather here!

student said...

Sooooo fun. To bad Talia couldn't get in on the action. On second thought, she might not have been too excited.

Kao said...

They told me they had so much fun and now I see why! Thanks for having them over. I love the pics you sent me too. Thanks!