Monday, November 23, 2009

The Old Adage

"Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without." as become my motto. Ok, I think it has always been apart of who I am. For example, when the pots gifted from us for our wedding became too scratch for safety we just bought a large skillet and called it a day. All my cooking (boiling noodles to frying meat to sauce making) occurs with that one magical pot. It works great and makes for very creative cooking. When my kids cranked up the hand mixer to its highest gear in peanut butter batter consequentially frying the motor, I became my own hand mixer. I keep imagining the beautiful arms such hand mixing might create. Too bad such mixing usually comes from various sweets hence the arm theory is flawed. The stroller's wheel exploded, again, but I found a comparable part at Lowe's for $1 and will run, I mean walk carefully that stroller into the ground. (take that Gracco and your $5 mark up on a fancy bolt).

Well, puppets were needed in the youngest nursery class and I didn't feel like spend $40+ dollars on them was such a good idea. Heck, Loopy Sue wasn't that tricky. . . bring on the felt.

The owl was my first attempt and was quiet a learning experience. By the time I added the rest of the crew, I had come up with some quick time saving tricks and I am ready to bust out some more. I am just waiting to see if the kids actually like them, but hey for the $2 it cost me in felt, I figure they were worth it.

8 comments:

David said...

i love that expression! didnt president hinckley used to say it?

Anjuli Fry said...

Those are just too cute!!! I may steal your idea for Colby's Christmas present he loves animals!!!

AMy said...

those puppets are totally amazing. make it work lady!

Kimberli said...

I've said it before... nursery is really lucky to have you!

Lisa Christine said...

Those are adorable!! You should sell them. Open up a little shop at Etsy.com. I bet it would be a hit!

student said...

It is So you. You haven't really changed, just honed the skills that were part of you for a very long time, longer than I have been around, that is for sure. Darling puppets.

Emily said...

Snaps to the sis. Wow Rach!!

Claudia said...

Awesome! Move into our ward?