Sunday, November 22, 2009

Room with No View

Most of my Sunday wardrobe consists of knee length skirts. After my call to serve with the nursery age children, I realized that knee length and toddlers doesn't equate with modesty. With all the ups, downs, floor play, etc., the knee length skirts would have to be shelved.

I have been searching for ankle length wonders and found maxi dresses to be the best option. My sister lovingly refers to these as a hippie's idea of dress up. Never mind that they look like glorified muumuus, Target had a whole series of maxi dresses on super sale.

Hilariously, I found out this exciting sale from another member of the church I attend. When I showed up the next Sunday, everyone had taken the chance to purchase many of Targets sale dresses. In fact, me and 3 other ladies were wearing the same dress in 3 different colors. Oh well, it's bound to happen. Like the time when I was pregnant with Mia and showed up to church along with another fellow pregnant woman wearing the same Motherhood Maternity dress (one of the few reasonably priced dresses that actually had sleeves and went below mid thigh).

Today, when I pulled off the price tag of one of the said maxi dresses, I noticed something peculiar. The tag said, "Liz Lange: Maternity". Too late, I needed to dress for church and just prayed that no one happened to purchase the dress for their pregnancy and would get the wrong idea. The oven is bunless and nursery children are spared the horror of unintentional visual aids from me.

5 comments:

AMy said...

rachelle : i believe you were tagged as a "super mom" or something. i am waiting anxiously for your reply. ;)

David said...

amy is right, you were tagged! :)

are you sure there is nothing you want to tell us? LOL

student said...

Funny, very funny. However, it did the job, and as we all know, you are way under the radar in nursery.

Lisa Christine said...

Yep....I tagged you yesterday. Supermom indeed.

tylerandmommy said...

Ha ha ha ha. What IS a maxi dress?