Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Answer is No






Yesterday, we made friends with one of the many strays in our neighborhood. (sorry the above photos were taken with some for sale dogs a few weeks back) It brought back the age old discussion of owning a dog. Mind you, the stray was very well trained and really sweet. But, i really am just barely keeping up with things in my house . . .well, not even keeping up with house stuff to add another needy thing. I figure we will be ready to own a dog once I can keep the house clean, lovingly nurture my kids, and fill my calling with easy. Seeing as that won't happen any time soon, I am grateful for the random run ins with dogs to help feed that "need" my kids have.

7 comments:

Claudia said...

Hold tight, girlfriend! Those dogs are big, smelly, messy, expensive shed machines. If they wear you down, I have a nice Labrador available for adoption :-)

AMy said...

rachelle ... a dog can lovingly care and nuture your kids where you cannot ... they need a dog!

Kristi, Liezl, Quincy, Ava, Cora, and Josh said...

Ha! This is exactly how I feel. Funny, I just posted about this same dog dilemma.

Emily said...

Okay--don't listen to Amy. She is all about dog propoganda :0)

Here here, claudia, whoever you may be. (She obviously is speaking from experience.)

Cute pics anyway.

David said...

cute puppies!

Kristin said...

I have the same problem with exception that Brian is the biggest begger of all. "Come on, I'll take care of it!" YEAH RIGHT! :)So I totally understand. Stay strong!

student said...

I think a dog needs the same time and attention as a child. If you don't have the capacity to really take care of that dog, don't invite him into your family.