Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Loopy Sue and her Primitive Friend


So I love my calling in the nursery. I have tried to find ways to make the whole nursery scene feel more like a real class then just a glorified daycare. The closer I have come to that goal, the more enjoyable the calling has been and the better behaved the kids are. Loopy Sue here is my creation to fill the void of the doll-less nursery. I didn't want to spend the money on plastic dolls that would be impossible to keep clean, but I didn't realize how challenging making rag dolls would be for me. I am up to 4 dolls and hopefully will have more soon.

10 comments:

Kimberli said...

Love it (especially the hair color :). I think its great you attempt these ambitious projects... the kids will love them.

Claudia said...

You are amazing! Wish you were here for Adayla's nursery...

David said...

that's a great doll? who are loopy sue's other 3 friends?

David said...

oops, sorry! i meant to put exclamation mark, "that's a great doll!"

lol sorry about the accidental question mark, doesnt read very nice!

how's life in texas treating you all?

Emily said...

SOOOOO CUTE!!! How long did each one take?

Amanda Udy said...

That is adorable! Way to be creative!

Lisa Christine said...

Wonderful idea.

Donald and I were in the nursery a little over a year ago and we loved it. And I mean loved it. We would have stayed there forever.

And then they called me to be YW president and Donald to be a counselor in the Elders Quorum....on the same exact day. Soemwhat cruel if you ask me....(lol) Oh well :)

tylerandmommy said...

Awww so cute! I LOVE loopy sue. And her name. And I love that you are trying to TEACH in Nursery. As a parent of a Nursery age child, I know the parents have got to be thrilled. I always wonder what Tyler is doing in Nursery and whether he would learn more if he went and sat through my husband's Sunday School class. Anyway, cute idea!

Kevin and Kristen said...

So that is the coolest thing Rachelle. You are so creative, and I wish we lived there still so that Kim could be in your nursery class. Do you mind sharing how you made her?

TOVAR said...

http://www.comfortdolls.org/patterns.html

or you can just google doll patterns and many various options will appear.