Friday, July 24, 2009

Fit of Inspiration or Delirium

When the double stroller decided it really wasn't willing to be a jogging stroller and literally popped a wheely, I felt like we had no other option but to buy a real jogging stroller. We were left with a major dilemma-what jogging stroller would fit 3 kids? None. So do we get to jogging strollers? And what about the fact that we wanted to get a jogger that could be pulled behind a bike (that we don't currently own). This is the dream:






Amazing, I know, minus the color choice. With a $400 price tag, I wasn't really ready to bite. Especially when a sweet friend loaned us a sit and stand wonder to make it through the rest of the school year and I figured we could manage through the summer with the two older kids walking while Talia got stuffed into a baby backpack. Many sore shoulders later and many plane tickets later, neither the baby backpack nor the new Joyrider were feasible.

So, last night at 8 pm, when Fernando bade me to sleep, my mind flooded with many fantastic ideas. Most dealt with my substituting as the primary chorister on Sunday, but then I began to rethink the busted wheel. I realized that opening up the wheel would reveal what really broke. Today, I put that plan into action after getting bored with painting. With a few pulls and shoves, we once again have a mode of transportation that makes me less of a beast of laden. I'll just have to tell Fernando that jogging is out of the question and Mia will have to walk.

2 comments:

Kevin and Kristen said...

VERY NICE... If only, right? I kept meaning to tell you that after your double stroller incident, we had a similar one. I was trying to make the double stroller a triple stroller just like you, and the wheel broke off. It sat in our garage for a long time, and I even contemplated selling it to someone who would possibly know how to fix it. But Kevin played around with it one day and got it to snap back on. So, we still have our "trusty" ole' Graco double stroller. Anyways, long story short, I know what you just went through.

student said...

There is always an answer, way to go!!