Thursday, July 23, 2009

Grandpa

My dad was able to sneak a visit down to San Antonio this past week which brought many fun adventures, but little blogging time. Aside from finding out that our fancy futon isn't any more comfortable then laying on a board, I think that he enjoyed his visit to our hot little corner of the planet. We convinced him to come to the splash park (of which my dad has all those pictures on his camera) and to get a fun pass at Sea World. (thanks for letting us try Journey to Atlantis for the first time). We enjoyed time outside, I was weeding uninterrupted while my dad jimmy rigged a sleigh perfect for San Antonio's snowless weather. Who knew a plastic storage lid and a bungee cord could be pulled so quickly around grass?




We went downtown and saw many parts of the Alamo that we usually pass up including the men's bathroom (more about that later.) We enjoyed time on the Riverwalk with a less then wonderful lunch at Paloma's and a fantastic lunch a few days later at the Saltgrass Steakhouse. If you get the pleasure, order Maudeen's Center Cut Filet with blue cheese steak butter and a side of garlic mashed potatoes. You won't be disappointed.

My dad and I snuck out for a late showing of Harry Potter which caused my to shriek during a more intense part. And we giggled at the silliness of Ice Age (not recommended by the way, but it was a fun thing to do together especially since I was then treated to Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory afterward). To top it all off, we enjoyed a quiet Sunday walk around the San Antonio Temple.

My kids have already asked me multiple times about when we get to visit again. Thanks for the memories, Dad.

3 comments:

AMy said...

sounds like a tons of fun but why do you have to make my mouth water this early in the morning. cinamon toast crunch is just not hitting the spot anymore ;)

Kevin and Kristen said...

Blue cheese steak butter... that actually does sound good. It's always nice have family come and visit. Glad you had a nice time.

student said...

Storage lids and bungie cords, now that's original. Dad side of the story sounded equally fun.