Sunday, September 19, 2010

Men's Bathroom (again)

Being a nursery leader is a riot. Sometimes in the funny way and sometimes in the crazy way. There is fine balance between being a mom to my kids and taking care of my calling. I rely heavily on my kids' obedience and Fernando's quick assistance. We have a small window of time between my nursery clean up and the next ward needing to set up. More often then not they overlap. This freaks me out because many a kid could easily be lost in the confusion.

Today, it was my child. One second I am stacking play dough and the next second she is gone. Up and down the halls we searched. Finally, another father beckoned me to the men's bathroom down the hall. Turns out that Talia felt like she needed to potty and didn't really care about the whole boy/girl problem. The father told me to just go in an get her since he was the only one in the restroom with helping his little son. Talia was in the stall panties on the floor not the least bit concerned. In fact, she was quite proud of herself. Trying not to lose the mound of junk in my hand, I attempt to help her quickly finish. Concerned she would have an accident before we made it to the womans room, I stayed. Finally realizing that she was not in any danger of "losing it", I decide to make the great escape.

Unfortunately, the door that opened and closed a few seconds earlier wasn't my son who had come in to the bathroom. . .oh no. It was some unknown man standing ridiculously close to the urinal. Don't get me wrong, I understand why. Classic! At least I have had practice.

2 comments:

student said...

What Mom's will and can do for kids is always expanding. Talia is very committed to keeping her panties clean and dry. Way to go Talia, and way to follow up Mom

Emily said...

honestly, you have the best stories EVER...