Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday

I confess that I am not a fan of 80's music at all, but this song appropriately described my Monday. You know the saying "Strike When the Iron's Hot"? I do and firmly agree with that sentiment. There are plenty of days when I putz around my house trying to muster enough oomph to get the basic of chores/activities done. So when my oomph arrives spontaneously, I use it for all its worth.

Monday brought normal house/kid stuff, dentist appointments, and baby sitting. No biggie. Because I felt like it, I painted our piano room, uninstalled two ceiling fans and installed two new ones, and cut Tiago's hair. By far the most challenging of all of the events was how sweaty and hot I felt and how noxious paint fumes can be without proper ventilation. Here are some before and afters of my day:






Disclaimer: (can you do that after the fact?) I understand this list isn't even a fractions of what other moms do. It just was a bit more then my usual day.

6 comments:

Claudia said...

Holy Cow! You JUST painted a room and switched out some ceiling fans? The next time you get that kind of energized, want to come to my house? - I'm lucky to make it through the three meals and getting the dishwasher unloaded, forget getting anything useful done!

Emily said...

Use that energy for all it's worth, supermom!!

AMy said...

work it.

student said...

I would like to know what "other mom" you may be referencing. Way to go!!!

student said...

BTW love the owls!!

Kristi, Liezl, Quincy, Ava, Cora, and Josh said...

Way to go! I love the color choice.