Monday, June 1, 2009

Hidden Fees

So am I the only one who is sick of hidden fees? We have had some pretty awful ones lately. For example. . .Fernando's 5 hour car rental in Dallas was supposed to cost $18. Then, since Enterprise won't stay true to their advertised pick up policy, we had to pay an additional $50. No biggie, $68 for convenience is worth it. Well, not until we get the final bill for $90. The other money was for all the taxes one must pay.

Or like when you get airline tickets and they list the pre tax price to lure you in and then tack on almost $100 more in fees and taxes. Then you find out that you have to pay to bring your stuff.

The commissary with the surcharge and tipping of the baggers (sorry non military people. . .it's not worth the explanation. Not that I am capable of figuring out that issue).

Today I was told that the book I bought online to replace a book I lost from the library wasn't up to par. I needed to bring in a brand new book to replace the very used book i lost. Funny. . .when I called about the whole problem a week prior, I was told it just needed to be replaced. So online I found a library copy of the same book thinking that they would be thrilled. Wrong. The librarian was almost rude about it. I told her that it would have been helpful to have that information prior to my purchase. She just smiled and said, "Well, now you have your own copy." Hey, why do you think I go to the library! It's so I can get books we don't have at home. Oh, well. My bad. The sad thing is that I could have (and just did) purchased a brand new one that would be shipped free to my house for cheaper then the library edition.

4 comments:

student said...

No joke!! I turned in a rental car at the airport, and honestly, I thought the guy was making up fees off the top of his head, too bad he wasn't as forthcoming with information when I rented the car in the first place. I feel your pain and frustration.

student said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca said...

The hidden fees are rediculous! I don't like the commissary and tipping the baggers. I try to get under 30 items so that I can check out myself and that means no tipping baggers. What is up with it. Also, I agree with you on the airplane. I wish they wouldn't charge for the first bag.

Emily said...

seriously. how about $5 print fee for our magic mountain passes? What exactly am I paying for there?