Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Being Little has its advantages


When we are really on top of things, we walk Mia to school in the mornings. I love doing this. Our kids never really get a good chance to exercise. It's usually too hot when they come home and by the time it cools down we are getting ready for bed.

Yesterday we had the chance to take Mia and slipped the garage door opener in the back of the stroller. I had a little slip of habit and started to open my side of the garage and stopped it when I came to my senses. I felt like a little morning breeze would do our garage good, so I left it about a foot open. I was so glad I did. When we came home, there was no garage door opener to be found.

I eyed the slit of the garage and talked Tiago into being our hero. He crawled under and opened the front door for us. Talia and I waited for our rescuer and when I pulled her out to thank our hero, the garage door opener tumbled to the ground. Tragedy averted. Thanks buddy.

6 comments:

student said...

He is an amazing hero on so many levels. Way to go Tiago!!!

AMy said...

i think he deserves a cape ;)

tylerandmommy said...

YAY for little people!

Kristi, Liezl, Quincy, Ava, Cora, and Josh said...

Three cheers for Tiago!

David said...

whoo hoo tiago!

ZooMom said...

Good thing for little heroes! I can't tell you the number of times I have Zoe climb in the bathroom window (no lock) to open the house up when I've locked us out... (and that's only half as many times as I've had to do it myself) :-S