Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Talia

After a whirlwind week of Easter fun and three birthdays (not including Fernando's and my respective brothers' birthdays), I finally have a moment to blog about Talia's "special" day.

What says I love you on your first birthday more then being dragged to the gym daycare for mom to go to Zumba? (I should ask Zumba if I could get paid for all the free advertising I give them on my blog). She did really well surprisingly. After the gym, we headed for Costco. Yeah, I am the fun mom! She did get a few treats there in the form of samples. Then while she slept, Tiago and I worked on getting Mia's present ready. This involved gutting our linen closet and organizing it into our new toy closet. In between naps, we would play and giggle.

For dinner, we couldn't decide on which food would be her favorite. She is on a see-food diet so it is kind of hard to narrow it down. We tried chicken salad on croissants:



it wasn't a big hit. So we moved onto the cake and ice cream which happened to be left over from Fernando's big day:



Much better. Then on Saturday we had a bigger and better surprise cake at a friend's 1 year old party. This friend lived by us in MD and had their boy the day after Talia at the same hospital.





Bath time was the only chance for Talia to really feel like she was doing something fun on her birthday. As a result, we got a yummy smelling girl with beautiful curls ready to open presents.

10 comments:

TYLERS said...

WHAT??? I can't believe she is already one! I love her curls they are adorable. Happy Bday to all the Tovars..sounds like yall have had quite a few weeks!

The Moving Circus said...

She has gotten so big and even more cute!!!

student said...

I love her curls, and a third child needs that special capacity to be loved, kissed, and helped. (I think you would know something about that ability.) She is beautiful, and those curls, well, what can I say, darling.

Claudia said...

Where did that time go? Even though she and Adayla aren't that far apart, it still doesn't seem like Talia could be one already.
I cannot believe how gorgeous her wet-hair curls are. Adayla and I are both green with envy.

Becca said...

It was so cute seeing Mia give her kisses after the phrases of Happy Birthday! She's such a good sister. Happy Birthday Talia! Thanks for letting us celebrate your birthday too! It made me feel good too that I'm not the only that has to tell their older child that it is the baby's toy.

AMy said...

mia is such a good big sister...talia is so lucky to have her :)

Spencer's Adventures said...

Happy Birthday to all! I can't believe Talia is one already. It seems like I was just seeing pictures of her being born. Cute family.

Emily said...

kiss, kiss, squish, squish!

Lisa Christine said...

I LOVE her fresh, straight out of the bath, curls. What a beauty!

David said...

that fork looks so lonely. i can hear it saying "use me, use me!"

happy birthday talia