Thursday, April 9, 2009

Going Green

Though this transformation happened over a month ago, I still want to put a little post about my attempts at adding color to our home.

BEFORE


AFTER


You may be asking yourself, what is the difference? That is something I often ask myself when I go in there. I am just grateful that it morphed into a more subtle color since it was kind of Double Mint Gum wrapper looking for a while.

I would like to direct your attention to the mirror on the wall. I was hating the standard plain rectangular mirror that comes standard on homes. So, I just pried it off and replaced it will the bamboo framed mirror we have had for sometime now. The other mirror is sitting in the garage awaiting a makeover of its own.

7 comments:

Kimberli said...

Love the green!

Also, I am going to have to get more details on your Friday storytime. It sounds really fun!

Lisa Christine said...

Great idea with that mirror!

And I love the green. I have been thinking of painting our bedroom some soft subtle shade of green. So calming.

David said...

oops! someone left the toilet seat up in the first pic lol

David said...

and there's a book in the bathroom? LOL i have never and will never understand reading while doing one's business on the toilet. My motto is, get in and get out as quickly as possible!

The new color looks nice, by the way :)

TOVAR said...

The book is called "The Bathroom Reader" therefore, its home was self explanatory. They have the book laid out with short, medium, long sections. I think books in the bathroom are kind of disgusting for all the obvious reasons, but we have several volumes if you are ever here, you can check out "Dumb Crooks" or "Politalks" for funny quotes. The list goes on and on. Where else would you find the expert advice of mixing peanut butter and honey so the peanut butter won't stick to the roof of your mouth.

David said...

short medium and long sections? that is Hilarious!

So I could be sitting there thinking it's going to be a medium kind of visit, and I'm reading the appropriate section, then I realize things are taking a little longer than anticipated, so I turn to the longer section and continue reading LOL

student said...

I am so glad you explained the subtle difference. I flipped back and forth several times, and the only thing I noticed was the missing picture