Monday, August 11, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Babes



One of my favorite church videos is "Out of the Mouth of Babes". Nothing too different from any primary teachers' comment portions of their lessons on Sunday (which I will observe more frequently now with my calling as Primary Pianist). Aside from the silly comments, there are several precious testimonies shared. This morning we had our very own movie moment. Mia and Tiago were finishing breakfast while I was doing the dishes. I began singing a primary song I learned on Sunday about Christ's baptism. Mia and Tiago then began talking about when they will be baptized and the Sacrament. Tiago told me about how the bread represents His body. I gave the affirmation he was looking for and then he added "Jesus loves me. He wants to give me hugs and kisses. Jesus want to play with me." I often think about how much our Heavenly Father misses His precious children and how much our Savior thinks about all those He suffered for. As an imperfect mother, I know how much I long for my children. I am sure that Heavenly Father appreciates all the tender touches and expressions of love we share with one another. His vicarious way to be apart of our physical lives. The reality of His love is so apparent in the loving interactions I witness from my children.

2 comments:

student said...

I can not begin to comprehend how much He loves His children, but I know how much I miss my children and grandchildren. I know how happy I am when they choose the right and find peace and happiness in their life. I know the intensity of prayer, faith, fasting, and love a very flawed mortal mother and grandmother has and this give me a small glimpse of the love He must have for his children who are away from Him.

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

"Oh what a beautiful morning" takes on a whole new meaning with such precious children and such sweet, tender testimonies shared. Thank you for the uplifting post!! LOVE YOU!