Saturday, August 16, 2008

Not Slippery When Wet

A few days ago, I made a ridiculously long trip up to the San Marcos outlets in hopes of buying some school clothes for Mia. Unfortunately, most of our options were spasmodic tie dye wonders and too short of shorts. I wasn't about to let the funky trends ruin my trip. We stopped in at toy store and purchased some exciting water toys: A large beach ball that shoots water from three separate holes and the classic Slip and Slide. We managed to waste several hours perusing other stores and eventually made it home. Side note. Fernando usually comes home around dinner time everyday. The outlet day he some how was magically off at 2 pm. Bummer. I did have my cell phone, but I don't think it has been charged in weeks. End of note.

We have had many opportunities to utilize the ball of wonder including in some spontaneous "Olympic Events" (to be posted later). Today though, we pulled out all the stops and the slip n' slide for some crazy fun. Determining the front yard to have the greater slope, we busted out the slide to find no instructions, and only 4 of the necessary 8 pegs. I say necessary, but without the instructions, how could one really be sure. At this point, there was no turning back. While setting it up, I got a strong whiff of poop. I took some investigative looks and sniffs to discover cat droppings very near our site of slipping (and on my big toe. . .I am somewhat to blame since I didn't have my contacts in). I attempted complete removal using a jimmy rigged, short noticed, my kids need to get on the slide pronto technique. Didn't work. I hosed it off as best I could and tried to think open thoughts.

Time to slide or so you would think. The water was spraying everywhere but the slide and even I couldn't muster enough speed to get a good slide (yes, I did try a few slips which wasn't a modest idea with my white BYU shirt!) Did that stop anyone?



6 comments:

Emily said...

Your house is so cute there in the background.

And what a great idea--slip and slide. Can't wait for the upcoming olympics post.

Great pics.

Where is the picture of my sister in her own wet-T-shirt contest? :0)

Looks fun.

AMy said...

This is a family oriented blog my camarillo! :)
Oh, to be a kid again....

And yes, I unforntunately remember the incident of the apple now....he, he, he he

Lynn said...

I think that because it was a BYU shirt it cancels out the fact that it was sheer. Just a thought.

I too think your house looks cute inthe background. Your own house!

Lynn said...

sorry for marring the comments section with a deleted post. i didn't know which was worse, have a deleted comment or having the same comment appear twice. not sure why that happens.

student said...

What is the apple incident? Great fun on the slide. I can see why they would want to bring it to Utah. BTW, we are so excited we can hardly breathe.

garbage goat said...

While the slip and slide is an extremely enjoyable form of summer fun, it nevertheless pales in comparison to the "Crocodile Mile," which revolutionized adolescent water sports in in 1991.