Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pleasant kind of Wilderness


(If the kids could do it. . .well you can't get across any other way)

There is a scene in Pride and Prejudice that occurs in what Lady Catherine de Bourgh refers to as a "Pleasant kind of Wilderness" near Miss Elizabeth Bennet's house. The producer's translation of "pleasant" is far from my ideal, but proved to be equivalent to the little adventure our family took the other day near our home. The weather and company were pleasant and the rest was a wilderness much like unto the movie's rendition.

(Mia being the trail blazer and Tiago showing me the correct form to descend a steep hill)

(Confused as to which direction would be advantageous for all to travel. By the way, great walking sticks were found by Fernando.)

7 comments:

Claudia said...

You win the award for "toughest pregnant lady"! Really, a hike in the woods? Where are your bonbons?

student said...

I am with Claudia!!! Way to go Mom. I love the profile shot Fernando took of you. Kids look great and were certainly better company than Lizzy had in her walk through the prettiesh little wilderness.

Kristi, Liezl, Quincy, Ava, Cora, and Josh said...

What are men compared to rocks and mountains? I am glad you had a fun outdoor adventure.

Madelyn Joy Lancaster said...

And that didn't put you into labor?!? Geesh! I was getting really excited for the trip to the hospital at the end of the posting... I think you are the cutest prego lady ever!! :)
loves you!

Emily said...

I could hardly notice the wilderness--only the sweet blue belly carrying my niece.

You are an adorable preggo, and so much fun.

Your kiddos are lucky to have such great parents.

I love you guys.

PS--no pics of the photographer, tsk tsk.

AMy said...

Lady Catherine Deburg!!!!!

You look so cute in your prego self. You inpire!

Jen said...

You're a lot braver than me, the clutz that I am would have fallen off the tree.