Saturday, April 5, 2008

Artistic Mediums


Mia has really impressed me lately with her very creative art. Whether she is drawing detailed pictures of our family or creating animals out of play dough, she never ceases to amaze. We bought some new play dough the other day which meant the kids could actually shape it into various objects and not just have a bunch of colorful crumbs. Enjoy her explanation of the finished products. (Too bad the camera couldn't catch all the little details including the little paws she made for the lions that were made with claws and all)


With Mia flexing her creative muscles, I tried to do the same. Jenga blocks were transformed into what could be construed as Mack from Disney's The Cars movie. Tiago has wanted one of these toys for quite awhile now, but $15 is a bit much for my taste. Tiago was obliging enough to imagine those Jenga blocks as a close substitute especially when he could roll his Lightening McQueen in and out.




(the real thing. . .ok Tiago has a great imagination too it seems!)

5 comments:

Emily said...

Well clearly, we can see where all of your kids creativity comes--a jenga mack--wow!

So fun to see the videos. Mia is quite the little play-dough-er. I love her so much. Can I play with her sometime soon.

Okay, slight transportation issues.

PS--modeling clay doesn't turn to crumbs.

AMy said...

Rachelle!!! Nothing beats the real thing...I was always devestated when mom and dad would get me something like a stuffed animal as subsitution for a real dog...Mia needs a real dog one day. My vote...because it is my business and all...real dogs for real girls ;) I always knew she was some sort of artistic genious!

Lynn said...

Her face did pretty much fall when you mentioned that she doesn't need a real dog now. Very sweet.

My favorite part are the squirrels and the way they eat.

Avery loves Mia's long hair and can'tbelieve that Tiago is "growned up" now. I must say I agree. And you look super cute too by the way!

Why don't they make Play-doh that doesn't dry out? It can't be that technologically advanced can it?

student said...

Mia is a wonderful artist. I love the attention to detail and the demonstration of how the squirrels eat. Imagination is an amazing thing. I certainly could see the similarity between the blocks and Mac. Sooo Cute. Mia Pizza. I have never heard of it, however, I am not a current on the latest and greatest. Josh is truly a kind and generous person, and a quick study when it comes to ways to brighten others lives. You are a wonderful Mom!!

Spencer's Adventures said...

Creative kids and a creative mom! I bet Tiago will remember how you made his "Mack" far longer than if he just had the toy to play with.