Saturday, July 4, 2009

Stuck (and an egregious amount of parentheses)

Fernando has had better hours and even weekends off. This past week we launched into some home improvement projects which have been fun. Painting by yourself isn't half as enjoyable as painting with someone else. So now we are stuck. We are perplexed with what to do with our new BYU inspired TV/game room. Here is the dilemma:





Aside from the mess and the wires falling out everywhere (we haven't reassembled everything yet), the questions remain:

Stay with the dark shelf and dark wall bracket below (as seen on the left)

Change to the light shelf and either the dark or white bracket (right)


The DVD's have been temporarily held in the light wood cube thing which could have dark brown bins to keep the theme of light and dark. The brown leather couch has tan stitching. I am sure many of you are gagging at the whole scene (especially those who aren't BYU fans. Yes, there are a few people who seem to not want to support the true University :).

The ceiling fan is going to match either the dark or light wood. So, help! We are stuck and could use some ideas. Be brutally honest and don't be offended if we don't take your advice.

4 comments:

hwangberg said...

this is such a scott room. he would be sooooo jealous. As for the shelves. I kind of like the darker shelves, but not sure about hte brackets. What would the dark shelve look like with a white bracket? Oh, and nice tv. Perfect for those upcoming BYU football games.

tylerandmommy said...

Eh...I didn't go to BYU so I can't help you out. I am all for a big tv and lots of movies...that's it.

Kristi, Liezl, Quincy, Ava, Cora, and Josh said...

I love your color choice - Josh would not be happy with that statement, but I do like blue walls. I like the ikea dvd wall organizer cube things, you could mount them underneath your shelves, covering up the wall brackets..I don't know if that would work, though. I think the room is looking good.

student said...

I love the blue, and I think the white blinds in the windows add a great light touch. I think I would vote for the darker wood.