Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Going Home

Family vacations are always a bittersweet experience. Time always passes more quickly then it should and I am left with the question, "why?"

Why is it that some families grow up 30 minutes away from each other instead of in different time zones? Why is it that some cousins grow up as playmates instead of people in a picture and remembered from past vacations? Why do people get to enjoy living next to my family and I don't? Why are these girls so dang cute?

(side note: Talia loved her little cousin. She would hug and kiss on her and try to make her smile. This picture was Talia during a love on Naomi session.)


And, although I have loved seeing my family in California City and Camarillo, it's time to go home. Time to get back into the routine of housework and summer school. Time to head to Sea World (after Mia's sunburn dies down) and feel the brunt of humidity. Time to download vacation photos and blog about the good times we had. Time to give Fernando a big hug and kiss and be our family again.

5 comments:

Claudia said...

If you are sad to leave, you know it has been a good vacation. It is hard to explain why some kids grow up with cousins next door, and ours have to be reminded of each other's names when we see them, but family closeness isn't necessarily built on proximity.

student said...

I must confess, as exciting as it is to have children on both the east coast and the west coast, the north and the south of the country, I too, would dearly love to have the luxury of making Sunday dinner for the entire family often. I would love to baby sit on a regular basis, and have grandchildren sleep over. What would it be like to have great sewing parties with all our "Charlottes"? BTW we have a great "Charlotte II" to make pants with. But as it is, we content ourselves with pictures, blogs, telephone calls, and occasional visits. Thank heavens we live in a time that at least affords us those mediums of communications.

Becca said...

I totally understand with all the whys. I've felt that way too, but it is good to get back to life and with our family. I'll be gone for a month in July, and I know it will be bittersweet to leave. Can't wait til your home. We should definitely go to Sea World and you can come to our pool.

David said...

oh my gosh, look at the fat rolls on that baby's arms. too funny!

David said...

look at talia. i love it when little kids feel big because they're with somebody littler! too funny.