Saturday, May 9, 2009

It's Official. . .We're Texans

Well, we at least joined the ranks of people who have Sea World Season Passes to help make all the heat worth our while. Yesterday, after we picked up Mia from "early release" we drove two minutes to what we hoped would be an oasis. Unfortunately, the teeny bopper life guards that work in the Lost Lagoon water park portion of Sea World are still in school. This means the water park portion is open Sat and Sun only until school is out. Bummer. Then as we were packing up the stroller and sun "screaming" all the kids, the sun screen disappeared. 10 minutes of unprofitable looking almost meant an end to our adventure before it could even begin. Mia wisely suggested saying a prayer and we found the sun screen. (My kids still call it sun scream which makes me giggle. No amount of pronunciation helps change their way of saying it.)
Luckily, in Shamu's Happy Harbor, there was little play area there with enough water to cool down.


Cooling down happened more quickly then we imagined. Mia crouched up next to Talia and me in order to get warm. We got dressed and headed over to the rope area. Tiago and Mia slowed down just enough for me to get this picture.




Talia and I took it easy with a little peek a boo game on some giant slides.





We ended the day with Tiago and Mia going solo on the Shamu Express "roller coaster". It was fun to watch them obey the hands inside rule so explicitly.


Today we are going to visit the Lost Lagoon and see the really water works. We'll also see how fun it is with me and the three kids trying to explore.

This morning, my friend helped me feel more close to the Texas way of life. We settled on our house backing another person's yard instead of the green belt (a plot of wilderness). We only found out later that homes that back the green belt get a lot of nature in their yards and homes. One such native of Texas and/or the scorpion was found this morning in my neighbor's home. She left it on my porch. Now I can really feel apart of the Texas experience in a safe (and dead) way.

7 comments:

Anjuli Fry said...

I have to tell you that I look forward to reading your blog each day. You guys have so many adventures that I can't wait to hear what happens next. I am saying here so you can quote me, I promise to be a better blogger I am so far behind, I can't promise every day but you are an inspiration. Thank You!

Becca said...

Yeah for Sea World! We'll definitely have to go there together! I think it will become a weekly if not daily event for us this summer!

AMy said...

ugh....scorpions. maybe i don't want to move to texas!

David said...

how many Shamus are there? Does every sea world have one? have you tried blue bell ice cream? one of the perks of living in texas.

TOVAR said...

They name all the whales Shamu it seems. And as for Blue Bell. . .we have two half gallons in the freezer as we speak.

Emily said...

Emily's notes for our upcoming visit to TX--

1--see seaworld
2--do not see scorpion
3--give hugs and kisses to superbly adorable nieces and nephew.
4--learn the tricks of the trade on how to become a fabulouse mom and blogger like sister.

student said...

I would have fainted at the scorpion. I hope all of the shortest Tovars develop an eye for the little critters, and a deep desire to keep a great distance between themselves and any visiting scorpion. The rest of the adventure sounds great. You are such a fun Mom to continue to create exciting adventures for the troops.