Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Artistic Interpretations of Life

Mia's decided to move into the paper world of art. I was more then amazed when she showed me this kitty made from scrap paper. I especially loved the body and legs poking out from the humongous head.

I might also add that I loved how she saw eyes from the daisies and made eyelashes even.


Tiago is even getting into the art game. Here is his futuristic self-portrait of when he is 5. (That is the J looking mark in the top right hand part of the picture). The lasso looking swoosh mark encircling him is a jump rope. Although the people look angry, they are actually big smiles. He also has his standard cars and letter T so we know that it is a Tiago original.

3 comments:

David said...

I love being first!

Thanks for the explanations of Tiago's picture. It's like you're deciphering modern art for me lol his characters really do look angry! I'm glad they are actually smiling.

Nice paper art by Mia. Kids are great artists. I was actually better at art when I was five than I am now. I think our skills devolve if we don't use them.

David said...

i love being 2nd too!

all the commenters are in hiding today. as evidenced here and on my page and even on lisa's. i guess wednesday's are slow blogging days.

student said...

Fun pictures. Love the detail.