Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Kung Fu and Birthday's Too (Wednesday's Utah Fun)



Wednesday's just so happen to be half off day at the dollar theater. My kids were riveted to the repeating trailer of Kung Fu Panda on the airplane which made it perfect for our Wednesday outing. With a little time to kill before the movie, we stopped by the near by Temple Granite Quarry. They have made a little nature trail with informative placards about the site like the fact that it isn't granite. The kids loved the huge rocks that were fairly easy to scale and my dad loved taking us off roading into the empty stream bed where we found an old pioneer quarry tool still stuck in the rock. I really miss living so close to the beautiful canyons. I should have enjoyed them more when I lived with my parents.

Afterwords, we headed to the movie. It was hilarious, but very violent. Mia began laughing really hard at a few parts which made it even better. It was totally worth the $3 it took to get all of us in. Thanks to my mom, Talia didn't have to sit through another movie with fingers in her ears in hopes of not causing too much permanent damage from the overly loud speakers. I called in time to hear that Talia was not to happy unless she was chugging the rice cereal or being held.

Later that afternoon we went to Liberty Park to have a little pre-birthday fun for Tiago with the Richen's.

The park had a funky swing like centrifugal force thing that was perfect fun for the adults. I would have taken a video, but was laughing to uncontrollably to do so. Afterwords, we had a race track cake with Lightning McQueen on top for authenticity.

4 comments:

Becca said...

That was such a fun Happy Birthday song! Have you always sung that song in your family?

Claudia said...

What do you mean, it's not granite?

student said...

Thanks for the pictures. I missed all of that fun.

Jen said...

Wow, you guys have some amazing adventures! I too love the birthday song. Where did you learn that. It's so ADORABLE! I hope Tiago had a fantastic birthday.