Friday, November 25, 2011

Guess What We Found?



TOES!! I love watching kids discover things, but something about them discovering their hands and toes makes me giggle. Their face always seems so surprised and amazed once they realize there is more to who they are. On a less exciting note, we also found another UTI infection while we were in Dallas. We knew he could get another one, but it should've been caught with his prophylactic dose of antibiotics. It really was quite a miracle that I even caught the problem. I decided to give him a bath and was a little more than concerned that his urine was dark brown. Three doctors tried to convince me that it was anything but a UTI. The first doctor tried to tell me that he was dehydrated which was sort of silly since he leaked through his diaper and his shirt front was soaked in spit. The next doctor decided that the new food we introduced to him was the culprit. Also silly since the few times we had given him food, it was rice cereal which is very white. The last doctor tried to tell me it was due to teething! Really?
He got to enjoy getting a catheter twice and it was obvious when they got the sample that he had a UTI. They sent me home with meds and the inappropriate dosing amount. Thank heavens we have been doing this for sometime know so I could catch it. Poor thing. His meds stink and he hates it, but we have to get the kidneys to last his lifetime.

3 comments:

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

oh I just want to gush on those chubs!! I can't believe how adorable he is. I love the finding-the-toes thing, too. (combined with the grunting sounds to get to the toes is also way cute!) :)

student said...

Well the doc's can accuse him of failure to thrive.

Lynn said...

He is so darn cute. And man are doctors not so smart sometimes.