Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Getting Creative with Face paints

After our daily grind of school work (usually a total of 4 hours broken up over the morning and early afternoon), we head out to the museum district for a little fun. Knowing that the Children's Museum is my personal favorite (oh and the kids like it too), I priced out memberships that offered reciprocity so as to get unlimited access for the least amount of money. Unfortunately, since we visited last year, the city put in metered parking where we usually parked for free. The cheapest parking is now $5 for 3 hours. That would be fine if I only wanted to come once or twice, but we have planned to visit it at least 4 times a week. At that rate, we will have paid more for parking than for our yearly family membership.

SOLUTION: I found "free" parking at the nearby city park (which is an understatement to its size and contents) with the only caveat being that we have only 3 hours to park between 7am-5pm. Since we don't get there until 2:30 usually, we are good to go. We just strap on our helmets and razor the 4 blocks over to the museum of choice!



Mia wanted to be a leopard with claws. I love how she drew little white marks on her knuckles to represent her ferocious feline claws.

Talia was so intense in her painting, I had to try not to giggle. I missed taking a picture of Tiago's face after he wanted me to draw Yoshi, Toad, and a square ? box on his face. It was kind of hideous, but the kids thought I was amazing. In fact, that night I walked in on them discussing my artistic prowess. Tiago burst out "Mom you are the most amazing artist in the world." Good thing we haven't visited the art museums yet. I'll let him keep on diggin' my mad skills with face paint.

4 comments:

Emily said...

that looks fun!!!

Becca said...

Awesome! Hey, the little parking lot by the Children's Museum is $5.00 per day. That's where we would park when we got there. Have fun! I'm glad our scooter is working for you, minus it being defecto.

student said...

Mia looks so mature with he cute new do. Love, love, love that girl. Talia is ever so intense and focused with the painting - and I think you have mad face painting skills.

David said...

i love free parking!