Friday, September 10, 2010

The Little Green takes on The Big Blue

A few years ago, I thought it wise for me to purchase a Little Green wet vac. I had a few spills on the carpet that didn't really merit a large carpet cleaner, but still needed some attention. Little did I know how often our Little Green would save us. Tonight for example, I had the choice privilege of cleaning up projectile vomit that just so happened to look like a Smurf exploded on my carpet. Electric blue cupcake "frosting" was the culprit for such a pleasant puke color. I think it was one of the few times I was grateful for a stuffed nose.

Bodily fluid clean up is just part and parcel to the whole mother gig, but what happened at school made the process aggravating. Before I was scrubbing the Big Blue, Mia was painfully lying down in bed. In fact, she had felt miserable since lunch around 11 am today. For the first time in 2 years at her elementary school, Mia asked to go to the school nurse. The nurse takes her temperature and promptly dismisses her back to class. Mia never even dares to ask to go to the bathroom. To me, it would be a huge warning sign when she asked to see the nurse. Furthermore, even if she was faking it, wouldn't you think that I should decide whether or not she should come home. ARG!

Part of me felt like my life was a television show. Talia bellowing about who knows what while Tiago ran about pretending he was some karate master. I am trying to make food and discipline at the same time. Mia pukes, Talia strips to nothingness and prattles on about going to Sea World, and Tiago continues running around this time with his nose closed exclaiming how stinky it was. Sweetly, he did have the desire to help and retrieved some Gatorade without even being asked.

5 comments:

Claudia said...

You win for most harrowing mom story of the day...maybe the month.

Kimberli said...

Ha, ha! I feel bad I am laughing at this story, but just picturing the whole thing in my mind made me chuckle. Even the title! Hope no more blue projectiles are coming your way...

Emily said...

hope mia is feeling better. Sounds like a momilicious day to me!

student said...

Sorry to sweet Mia. The best plan for the future is to tell Mia you can just say, I need to go to the bathroom, so just in case the adults don't pick up on the "what color is the red house across the street" obvious indicators, she would be able to advocate for herself. You earned your mommy-stripes, again, for sure.

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

oh man, living the dream... the adventures of mommyhood... we had a day like that we could have used little green. I can't stand bodily fluids. ugh! SORRY!