Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thank You Craig and Your Fabulous List

I don't come from a family who yard sales. I see the benefits of purging your life of your unused stuff for money even very little money so the stuff can become treasures once again. The only yard sale I have participated in was engineered by my friend and most of the stuff was hers. But with Craigslist, I can sell stuff from the comfort of my own computer seat. Such a feat has occurred today. A trundle bed that was given to us years ago was sold for $250. Happiness and joy! Both the seller (me) and the buyer couldn't have been happier.

Note: It was a scary process. It wasn't until I received some questionable emails that the creepo factor sunk in. People I didn't know would be coming to my house to "buy" my goods. To be safe, I waited until Fernando was home and we put it in the garage. It was fantastic. I can't wait to list more things.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Love reading your blog. Love Craig and his list too. I have sold tons of stuff and I run the same system as you. Steven comes home and all items are in the garage when purchased. It's great.

Claudia said...

Awesome! Sold my "too big to move anywhere else" bookcase last week to a guy who ended up taking it apart to get it out of the house. Actually spent most of this evening looking for a used piano - love that list!

Kao said...

Good idea to keep things in the garage. Never would have thought of that...I haven't sold anything yet on craigslist. I have to sell my fridge now and luckily it's already in the garage.