Monday, May 10, 2010

Eye Glasses

Mother's day was really nothing more than another day, but in a good way. Sunday brought breakfast in bed (which was promptly taken back to the kitchen cause sleeping in crumbs isn't fun), sleeping in and taking a nap, mothering 15 yes 15 nursery kids under the age of 2, and eating a delicious dinner that was co-made by Fernando and I. We even tried a homemade guava drink. I think I spent most of the time smelling the guava in the kitchen and thinking of Snow boarding.

Most notable were the 6 cards Mia made for me and the ones she helped her siblings make. Most generous was all the sleep time I got when Fernando was wasted. Most surprising was finding out at church from an ophthalmologist about potentially being free from contacts. I guess the military every once in awhile extends the PRK surgery to dependents. Stipulations: not pregnant or breast feeding for the past or future 6 months (check), steady eye prescriptions in a certain range of poor visibility (check), not worn contacts for the past 30 days (ARG!). Oh well. I have banned myself from the convenience of my contacts and ordered new glasses online (we'll see how that goes) and hope to go under the knife a month from now! (ok I am sure the offer will be gone by that time, but I still got to try)

3 comments:

student said...

Wow!!! that sound like heaven - what able to see when you first open your eyes, and can read without first scrambling for your glasses. Let me know how it goes. Lets see a picture of you in your short-lived new glasses.

Emily said...

:0)

Lynn said...

Wow. I am glad to hear that this is potentially an option. I would love to be able to see without the aid of contacts/glasses. Although, I like you am not stoked about wearing glasses for a month but the thought of getting such an expenisve surgery gratis is enough to help one through that I suppose. I hope it works out for you. And maybe some day for me :)