Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Unclean FHE

In attempts to make lessons more memorable, we try to act out the various scripture stories we share during Family Home Evenings. As a side bonus, I usually just have to jazz up the preparations I have made for my Sunday Nursery class and the fantastic Behold Your Little Ones manual. One such FHE involved a dramatization of the one of 10 lepers who came back to thank Jesus for healing him. I was said leper in a moose print bathrobe and a set of jingle bells left over from a Christmas party. I came stumbling down the stairs ringing the bells and saying "Unclean" over and over again.
I am not sure Talia understood the word I was saying, but at least she remembers the idea. If you are wondering what the other kids are doing, they are working on the activity portion of the night--writing thank you notes for those people who sent us gifts for Christmas.

3 comments:

David said...

1st!

you never cease to impress me with your clever teaching ideas!

i sent you a email earlier. not sure if it's an active or accurate email address, so i hope you get it. it was too much to write in a blog comment box.

later!

Spencer's Adventures said...

I love acting out the stories. It really does help the kids remember better. Maybe because they are usually laughing - at me.

David said...

new post! new post!

i forgot to write 'blogspot' when i was coming to your blog, and it took me to another teamtovar, a real estate couple!

hey, i went to byu on wednesday, and was shocked to see that Deseret Towers is gone!!!!!! My old place on the 7th floor or W hall is gone!! :( sad, sad day!!! lol

but heritage halls, and i assume horne hall as well, is still very much there!