Saturday, December 12, 2009

Some Kind of Wonderful




Miss Meekers, you hold a special place in my heart. You are the special someone who made me a mom. (Mia around 18 months and or Talia's age now)How could I be so blessed to have such a girl in my life? You can do everything. Your magical optimism is infectious and shapes our family's life daily. I love your obsession with reading and learning. I love hearing you sing and catching mini shows when you don't realize that I am watching. I love your diplomatic tendencies and your innate sense of equality (even though it is often slightly biased). Your siblings adore you and wait anxiously for your arrival home each day from school. I love finding you and your siblings immersed in some game you've concocted or find them rapt in attention while you read to them. Your beautiful smile and surprisingly blue eyes are only second to your precious spirit and tender heart. Thank you for who you are and who you make me want to be.

6 comments:

Claudia said...

These tributes to each of your children have been so touching - I haven't wanted to comment because I feel like I am intruding on a special moment.
Thanks for sharing your heartfelt feelings.

Emily said...

Hi Mia!

I love you! I can't believe how much you have grown! That is your uncle Lance's hand. He is blowing you bubbles when you came to visit us when we lived in ann arbor. You are so wonderful. I am so glad you are my niece. (I can't believe how much your hair has grown!)

Hugs and Loves!

David said...

how old was mia when we met you in gaithersburg? it was april 2004

Kevin and Kristen said...

Such a cute girl! We still hear about Mia from Jordan over here. He misses his good friend!

student said...

Yes, Mia is some kind of wonderful. We love you, too.

Lynn said...

I love the flashback photo of a little Mia. And what a great Christmas gift to each of your kids to share your thoughts of them at this point in time.