Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Miscellanous Momments with Mia and School



I still can't believe that I have a daughter in school. She loves it and comes home frequently telling me how she "learns everything in school". She makes all sorts of hats like the K9 hat she made above for Fire Prevention Week. It just so happens she also made a poster about fire safety. She designed a poster called "Four" No Fires that had four drawings that showed what you could do for no fire. Her poster was put together 10 minutes before school and was a finalist in the school. To think what would have happened if she actually spent time on it.

About a month ago, I was invited to be a chaperon for a field trip to A Seussical Musical . I accepted before I thought through the logistics. Talia, a non bottle fed infant and Tiago a non babysat boy were not invited to attend. Luckily, two friends were willing to accept such a babysitting feat. Each had their own trial. Talia would nap for two of the 3 1/2 hours, but wake up hungry. Tiago screamed at the front door for at good hour plus before he warmed up to the scene. My bad. Good thing to have good friends. Everyone survived and I was glad that I went.

The play required some extensive understanding of multiple Seuss books. Luckily we had listened to recordings of such books many times on our drive from Maryland to Texas. It was good, but a little long for such little kids. After a lunch in the park and playing on the playground, Mia boarded her bus again and I came home to some happy campers and drained friends.

Mia also just received an award for being "A Pillar of Trustworthiness". I had a hard time explaining what they meant by that award. I started with an analogy to wood that holds up the house and how that is like people supporting and lifting others and then just congratulated her for a job well done.

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Very fun! I can't believe how much Mia has grown up. When we met, she was about Talia's age, I think.
Why, why, don't we let them be babysat? I have the same issue right now - non-bottled infant and non-babysat toddler, and I'm ending it this month. I mean it.

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

My favorite part of the whole thing is the "pilar"... or maybe they are trees ...or people of Hebrew decent... :) All joking aside, I think the label of trustworthiness is commendable.

I wish I lived closer and could babysit my Tiago and Talia. *gush* to you all!!

student said...

I am sure as Mia continues to grow she will be a pillar of many notable virtues. (I am glad you used the wood in the house, rather than the 'pillar of salt' image.) You're a great Mom. I remember the field trip to the zoo with Angela in Kindergarten. I think it is possible to say that Mom could have come home a bit tired, too. I wish there were some way that G & G could help with the baby sitting. Love to all

Lynn said...

A Pillar of Trustworthiness? Wow, what an honor! But that is definately setting up a parent for a hard time explaining what that means. She probably was more concerned than honored...at first.

Kasey said...

All of your kids are so beautiful! We are updating our address book. I'm not sure if yours is different than what we've got, but if you could email it to me that would be great! Thanks! KuteThang7@hotmail.com Have a happy day! Lataz~Love always, Kasey