Saturday, October 4, 2008

FHE and Temple Square (Monday's Utah Adventure)







We met up with the Richen's Family at their new FHE spot of choice. The Temple Visitor Center. This was perfect for many reasons, but also for the proximity to the airport. We were going to be picking up Fernando Monday night. After a bite to eat at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building Nauvoo Cafe, we strolled across the plaza of Temple Square to the North Visitor Center. We self guided ourselves around the wax figurines of Moses, Joseph Smith, Mormon, and others.
Tiago took a strange fancy to all the Books of Mormon in various languages. Not that I mind the subject, but I really didn't want to purchase an accidentally ripped Arabic version. Of course we went to see the Christus. This was my kids favorite part of the DC Visitor Center and it is much the same in SLC, but on a larger scale.
Tiago wanted to share his car with the statue, insisting that Jesus wanted to play too. On the way down, Tiago let the McQueen stand in race down the ramp. Mia found some plant and was making up some song. When questioned about it, she replied "This middle flower is me and all these other flowers want to be just like me." You go girl. For dessert we enjoyed a Lion House Cinnamon Roll.
What a fantastic FHE.


We were only a little late to pick up Fernando. Part of this had to do with my kids who were less then desiring to walk quickly to the car and the other part had to do with the sign argument in the car. I noticed a big sign directing all pick up traffic into the short term parking garage and my parents didn't. I conceded to a blatant proof of my point which forced us to drive around again. Fernando was a sport though.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

What a great place to spend FHE!

student said...

Now who would have said "No, Rachelle, you don't go to the parking, you go down here" I just wonder and wonder....I laughed out loud when I saw Tiago and the car and Mia and the flowers. Talia is a sport. Just look at the number of pictures where she couldn't be comfortable, yet, she is a trooper and just takes it all in stride. Darling, absolutely darling.