Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pretty amazing phone!

Awhile ago, I decided to keep one of my promises and get Fernando the new 3G iphone. After days to waiting and looking and hoping, some black phones became available in our state. (YES, our State) Unfortunately, it was several hours drive away. Fernando contemplated the trip, but realized that was slightly and only slightly ridiculous. Finally it arrived a mere 30 minute drive from our home. With love in my heart and 3 kids, I headed to the store imagining a smooth walk in walk out $200 transaction. In reality, I found a seemingly short line to get into the store to talk with a blue shirted Apple employee about getting a phone. I walked to the back of the line and tried to entertain the kids. The first 20 minutes made me question my plans. The next 20 toyed with my will power. I heard several people talk about the craziness of the line and those standing in it, but I persevered. The next hour and a half was sheer determination to get that phone at all cost. The real cost came to the poor remote controlled super toy kiosk worker. My kids were highly entertained and eventually peeled away kicking and screaming to finally go inside the store. In the end, we got a great phone with lots of perks. Commonly used features:

3G wireless technology: because we are internet junkies and love to look up whatever whenever we want

GPS: sometimes we use this for kicks while driving even if we know exactly where we are and where we are going (best time used was finding Antelope Island)

Phone: this combined with the internet look up allows for lazy calling and email sending

Camera: as you can see not too shabby

7 comments:

Anjuli Fry said...

Joseph wants one also but can't find one in our area. Not that he is really pushing it, he has the original all ready.

student said...

Great story!! Some things are worth the sacrifice. Way to push forward at all costs. Look at the beautiful picture you took - priceless.

Lynn said...

I agree about the camera quality. I don't have one but everyone else I know does and it takes great pics!

Becca said...

Don't let Jake see this, since he will probably definitely want to get one!

ZooMom said...

You are a 10 cow woman to stand in line for Fernando's phone! I stood in line for about 4 hours (for my own, I made Nick stand in line for his :-P )

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

Wow. wife of the year award goes to the determined mom of 3 trying to get this phone hours away from her house... kuddos to you!

Emily said...

that is such a cute picture

lucky, lucky hubby

I'm sure Fern loves to think of you every time he uses it :0)