Thursday, December 9, 2010

Just the Two of Us

Fernando really wanted to take advantage of the free babysitting by people we trust while we were in Utah. He had been asking me for weeks to help brainstorm some overnight adventures with just the two of us. This is a personal obstacle for my life right now. I really feel like my decision to become a parent means that my bulk time should be spent on being with those kids I brought into the world. I don't mind a few hours here and there to regroup, but the whole overnight thing was just a bit more difficult for me to handle. (IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: my feelings on overnight couple excursions is limited to me alone. I think that other people who choose to do such things for overnight and even longer is wonderful.)

With prodding from my brother, and Fernando's refusal to go without me, I agreed to a Park City snowboarding adventure. We found a decent hotel in Park City for only $68 a night and got killer discounts from my brother and sister-in-law for board rentals and the lift tickets. In the end, against my reservations we hit the slopes for some serious carving fun.



We made it down four runs before calling it quits. Fernando took a nasty spill his first run that made the rest of the runs quite painful. I some how manage to get my groove on only to take some pretty gnarly spills myself. Still, I hope someday we'll go back during ski season and this time we'll bring the kids.

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Good for you! I also have a hard time leaving my kids overnight - same guilt as you about being the one responsible for them...
That said, I am totally proud of you for doing it, and I am sure your kids had a great time being spoiled by a loving relative!

student said...

Wow! What a fabulous foundation for Team Tovar. Cute coat, I bet you didn't get lost in the crowd. Any time you need someone to babysit, just give us a call.

Visit Park City said...

We're glad you two could get away and that you had so much fun! Please share your experience and any photos when you become a fan of Park City on Facebook, www.facebook.com/parkcityUT.

Emily said...

yeah!!! happy fern rachelle time alone!!!