Saturday, August 21, 2010

Houston Zoo

If you haven't figured out already, I am in love with deals and bargains. Ok, who doesn't love saving money. I wish I was a little more savvy with finding stuff, but I felt pretty good about the free entrance to the Houston zoo because of Fernando's active duty status. As aforementioned, the weather didn't really permit many outdoor activities and for some strange reason, the zoo (as well as everything else) didn't open until 10 am. Even still, it was amazing. Have I used that word too much yet? The zoo was huge and like a twofer. The zoo was a mix of animal exhibits and beautiful landscaping. Make that a threefer. . .I forgot the children's area had playgrounds, climbing areas for the kids to practice being like various animals, your standard goat petting, and a splash playground.




We even got to see some of those animatronic dinosaurs (the kids liked them and I thought it was funny how one spit on you its "poison").





4 comments:

Kristi, Liezl, Quincy, Ava, Cora, and Josh said...

What an awesome zoo!!! I just figured out the boonshoft membership of wonders you mentioned in your last post and visited the Indianapolis zoo this last week with it. I wish it could compare to your splash park/dinosaur/animal zoo, but still fun.

Kao said...

You are so good about taking your kids to different places. Are you still in Houston?

student said...

Great pictures!!! In the last one, it looks like Fern and the kido's are underwater. Even for Fern, that is quite a feat to strike a casual pose while holding your breath.

Lynn said...

Wow, any zoo with dinosaurs is pretty spectacular - I wish the D.C. zoo would get a hint (smithsonian ha). Not that I'm there so it's not my problem I guess.

Tell Tiago he can watch my sister on WipeOut tonight (Tues, not Monday like I accidentally posted). I'm sure she will make a fool of herself.