Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lizard Friends and People Friends



San Antonio has finished its standard 3 weeks of Spring and is running head long into summertime. This means we are outside in frequently enjoying the last remnants of that milder weather. We often bust out sprinkler fun and invite whomever is standing around in the near vicinity my heat exhaustion. During one such friendly outing, a little lizard was discovered in the grass somehow. Tiago quickly snatched it up and had a hard time sharing his new found friend with the other humans present. He has caught several other lizards that usually drop their tail in defense. Convinced that all lizards must do this, Tiago almost attempted to pull the tail off for him. Lucky for the lizard, Tiago decided to explain the tail removal before preforming the operation. I think the lizard stayed with him for almost an hour when I finally had Tiago imagine being held against your will in a giant lizards claws. So much for wild encounters. He was given a home in an easily accessable weed home created by the child geniuses viewed here:

3 comments:

student said...

Love the pictures, but I must admit the lizard encounter is something I will never miss.

tylerandmommy said...

Ah lizards. I am the gross mom who would pick them up and force my child to hold them...Tiago is so brave. Love it!

Emily said...

can tiago, mia and talia come play?

I love those kids!