Thursday, October 1, 2009

Home

What mother books a flight for her and her 3 kids that leaves at 8 pm and arrives almost at midnight? Well, this was the question racing through the mind of the well dressed business man with the blue-tooth in his ear. Thank heavens for male flight attendants who lack relational aggression and think to make a balloon out of plastic gloves and alcohol to fuzzy up the other passengers. The flight was a bit rocky, but out of sympathy many of the passengers found me afterwords to commend me on my willingness to attempt such a insane feat solo and how wonderful my kids were. All of you who have flown with kids realize what a blessing loving words can be after such an ordeal. But we are home now and have much to blog about. First. . .I have to unpack.

Oh, before I forget. I can not begin to tell you how glad I was to come home to a clean house. I understand why my mom always made the house spotless even though we would be gone. One less thing to think about.

4 comments:

scott and tara said...

I've been wondering if you were on vacation or just taking a break from your blog. Were you in UT? Gotta love those solo flights w/kids. Luckily I've often had a nice grandma sit next to me :) Can't wait to hear about what you've been up to!

Kristi, Liezl, Quincy, Ava, Cora, and Josh said...

I am going to Utah next week and am starting to worry. Why did I think this was such a good idea two weeks ago when I bought the tickets? I am glad your flight went well, it gives me hope.

Lisa Christine said...

Yes, when I leave for vacation I vacuum my way out the door. It is SO nice to return home to a spotless house.

About the flying with kids.....I feel your pain. And I commend you on your bravery. I don't think I would have attempted it without Donald by my side.

student said...

You are an amazing mom in a multitude of ways, glad you made it home safely.