Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ants in my Pants! Really?

Our usual Wednesday schedule involves library story time and a trip to the commissary. This particular Wednesday we were accompanied by my nephew so I decided get Taco Bell and eat under the wing of an airplane. I mean how cool that we could sit under the mammoth wing of a C137 (ok, I can't remember what plane it was). Sitting in the shade seeing all the historic planes on a towel in the grass, I realized that there were friends enjoying our picnic with us. A few ants began swarming our small crew and so I decided it was time to leave. I guess I didn't decide fast enough because during our walk around airplane row, I felt a familiar bite in an unmentionable area. So startled by the bite, I instantly whacked a near by area too embarrassed to hit the actual location.

I won't get to all the sordid details and how many bites and where (yes more then one), but I think that I have a better understanding what a boogie dance is.

8 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Oh no!! ouch ouch ouch!

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

I guess I will not get on your case for not posting pictures! :)

oh my... some people have all the fun.

David said...

LOL great story Rachelle!

Claudia said...

Thanks for sharing! You win the modesty award - I am sure I would have dropped my drawers and swatted!

Lynn said...

oh yikes.

Kao said...

Oh my. I'm sorry. I have to admit though, picturing you running around smacking yourself with the kids just watching you does seem a bit funny.

student said...

So it was Zumba minus the music. You have amazing moves, I would have love to be a witness. I will second Angela's admission of not missing the pic. So sorry, I hope thing are cooling down where ever they were hot before.

Becca said...

That would hurt! Sorry you got bit in unmentionable places by those pesky fire ants.