Sunday, August 16, 2009

Time with My Mom



My mom had a chance to come visit us this past week and we loved every moment. It was most poignantly felt by Mia the morning she was no longer her. After crawling into my bed, she began to cry. It was a few minutes before I could make out what she was sad about. There was no more grandma sleeping in our office. I am sure she left exhausted from all the projects and cleaning she was slave labored into doing. Most days consisted of us giggling by a sewing machine or in front of a pile of beads. In between crafty moments, we hit the gym for Zumba fun. Nothing says mother/daughter bonding then shaking your stuff to a latin beat.

She did get in a few tourist things like Sea World and Rudy's, but not much more then that. Too much freedom makes for poor work ethic and we still had a fairy dress to finish and a wig to figure out.

Luckily, we get to go up to Utah in less then a month and we have back to back family visitors to help us cope with such a great loss. Until then, thanks for the memories and all the fun time giggling.

6 comments:

student said...

I shared Mia's tears at the airport. Soooo glad I had dark glasses. Love to all the Texans

tylerandmommy said...

How fun to have your Mom in town. Luckily I have Mom and MIL close by for Tyler to see as much as he wants.

Kimberli said...

Are those bracelet/watch things hard to make? I love those!

David said...

did mia get her hair colored?

Unknown said...

It looks like that was a great time you all had, Hope everything going well.

--
Jhon
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments

Lynn said...

My kids just had the same experience today when they woke up and grandma was gone. My mom and I also go to Zumba together when she's here :)