Monday, May 25, 2009

Craigslist--Hit or Miss

I have often heard of fantastic deals people find on craigslist. These stories frustrate me since I have never had such success. All that changed the other day when we were about to go out and plunk down $50 on some standard mini trampoline. I decided to try my luck and check craigslist before we went conventional. Low and behold, we found not only a mini trampoline, but one that had a bar (normal store $100 and up). On top of that, the trampoline was cleverly decorated with a little frog and words "Jump Zone". All such amazingness at the delicious price of $20. Sold to the savvy shopper.

The only down fall to the whole adventure is that my civic's trunk wasn't really big enough for the trampoline to fit. Neither the seller or I had the tools necessary to disassemble the thing. Thanks to the near by Schlotzsky's Deli we met at, we unscrewed the thing which was no small task considering the tight pull of the trampoline. I slipped it into the trunk, paid the lady, and went home. Reassembly was much more tricky, but we finally have a mini energy using device for our kids (and us) to enjoy.

6 comments:

Becca said...

How fun! That looks like a great trampoline!

AMy said...

i invisioned something totally different...and i am so jealous you have a scholosckiy's or however you spell it... we don't have one anymore :(

hwangberg said...

Man we need one of those. Anything to get energy out without wearing myself out in the process. The bar is great. Less opportunity for tears from falling off or more I guess if they wack the bar which would be what my kids would manage to do.

student said...

I could use one of those in my classroom. I know some students just need the chance to get a little energy out - often.

tylerandmommy said...

Oooooooooooooh fun! Maybe instead of time out you should make them jump 100 times, then they will be so tired they'll sit in time out by themselves...

Emily said...

Wow! Lucky Kids! Check out tiago's cute smile :0)

And trampolines are great energy burners.