Saturday, November 1, 2008

The River Runs Through It



A few weeks ago, we ventured up to a river with some friends. Fernando was at the hospital all day so we needed some good Saturday fun to keep us busy. Good fun and friends made the 40 minute drive worth it. The water was freezing and deep enough in some points for some crazy tree jumping. That's right, some bravely scaled up a fallen tree to jump the 15+ ft into the water. Here are my kids watching the curious habits of crazy adults doing things they tell there kids no to.

My crew felt brave enough to dive from a nearby rock. Well, I dove and the kids slid on their bottoms into my arms.
The kids were in life jackets and I am a pretty ok swimmer, but scared and thrashing around kids made me second guess my choice in "catching" them. We left before we could try the bridge jumping much to Mia's dismay.

I thought it was funny how much she wanted to go to the bridge. I think she didn't understand that the bridge was taller and more formidable then the rock she half slid have was pulled into the water screaming all the while. Poor Talia got a fourth of a nap driving up and another short nap there. . .she was done. It was nice to be outdoors again. You Utahans don't know what you have. Live it up.


PS This was a picture I took at the gas station we filled up at before leaving on the adventure. I did a double take. Did it really say $2.39. At first I was feeling dyslexic. I can't even get myself to hold my excitement in enough to take the picture of our $1.99 gas now! Yes, that is a 1!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Consider yourself very blessed. We're still paying 3.40 for gas.:( What's with that when we live in the land of oil fields!?!?!

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

Good thing gas is so cheap there! After reading your post about not buying things you can't afford I have thought twice before heading to the pumps! ;) Your trip looks like tons of fun!!

Jen said...

I love how much fun you have with your kids. You are such a great mom! Your kids are going to have fantastic memories of their childhood with you and Fernando. And I am so jealous, 1.99 FOR GAS!!!! Are you kidding! I think I'm moving to your town.

student said...

I just hope Utah eventually follows the good example of Texas and drops their gas prices. How is it possible that Mia, Tiago, and Talia could be so cute.