Tuesday, May 20, 2008

When Mom is away the children will. . .

We checked out a very accurate book from the library the other day. The book is called "Day Out with Daddy". An easy read, but full of deep insights. When I took my little trip to Utah to celebrate my mom's graduation, the kids got a week full of fun that I hardly ever attempt. One might chalk this up to endurance. . .in other words you run a different pace in a marathon than a sprint. Or the fact that men are generally more energetic and willing to do the sort of rough and tumble play essential to child development. But, whatever the reason, thank heavens that Fernando is the man he is and that there really can be too much of a good thing. (otherwise, my kids would have preferred me on a permanent vacation.) The pictures come from trips to the zoo, a train/metro ride to the Smithsonian museums, and hikes at nearby mountains.


Enjoys these snippets of reality.


8 comments:

student said...

I am at school and my students are taking the End of Level tests. I saw you had a new post, and I couldn't wait to see it. For all of the obvious reasons, I couldn't hear what Mia and Tiago were saying, I will listen when my students go home, but the pictures were absolutely darling. I am glad that y'all made it to Texas safe and sound, and ready for a new adventure. Love from Utah

NikkiAWardell said...

Okay, I admit I lurk on your site frequently. I follow Angela's link over. I am your cousin Justin's wife, Nicole. We don't really know each other very well but your blog is always SO cute!!! I just couldn't help but laugh at how cute Tiago was on the hike. Congrats on your new endeavors and I hope you enjoy your new move. I am secretly jealous as Texas is so beautiful!!

Kristi, Liezl, Quincy, Ava, Cora, and Josh said...

I am glad you got to go play in Utah knowing your kids were having a ball with their daddy. They did miss you terribly, though. When they came over for FHE they were so excited to see you soon.

AMy said...

I am sitting here eating angel food cake and whipped cream thinking, "Man, life doesn't get better." And then I looked at your blog. :)

Hilary Butler said...

Hello Tovar Family,
Hilary Butler and I (Charlotte Booren) are having a girls night while Jared is off at the Father and Son camp-out. Your little family is so darn cute. It's great to see you're doing well. So what's the next life plan? We think we should all get together for a "roommate" reunion sometime soonish. Hilary's moving to Indiana, so if you're staying out east she may have the chance to see you. Lots of love!

Jen said...

Those pictures are adorable! I love the video of Mia & Tiago waiting for the Metro. It looked like the wind was pretty strong when the train passed! I hope ya'll made it safely to Texas. It's only been a week, but I miss ya'll already.

Emily said...

so cute.

Call me when you can so I can get your new contact info.

The Jones--trying to keep up said...

Yup, yup, you gotta love Dads. They definately have their exciting place in the family. What I can't figure out is why errands with Dad is SO much more fun than errands with Mom. ? What's up with that?